Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, March 28, 2011

Finished soap

So-I lied, it didn't come out very easily after a few hours lol. It took 24 hours and right before I put them in the freezer in a last minute move, they loosened up. I think the mica dust messed up the mix a bit. Ah well, experimentation with crafts is just that! Soap molds like I have break easy, so I turned it upside down and flexed it gently, and then the little buggers popped right out :0)
The Hazards of using non-soap specific
goodies--maroon streaks from the mica dust




Here is one I made several months ago-with
gold dust (soap approved lol) and lemon grass I think. I store these in
those semi-disposable plastic food containers at the store.


2 comments:

ABOP (laquerlove on MUA) said...

Ooh, that lemongrass one looks amazing! In the past I've put a bit of oil in the molds before pouring so that they'll release easier. Hope this helps!

Gottwinkies said...

So glad you like it! It only looks good, tho...my daughter says it is scratchy lol. I will try the oil next time I experiment with additives, thanks!