Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, June 20, 2011

Holo Heaven

A good friend purchased a bunch of Milani 3-D holo polishes and let me drool and then pick one to borrow! Whoo-Hoo! I am too cheap to give in to spend on those unless I see one in a deep burgundy (drool), So Thanks, Saundie!
I couldn't leave well enough alone with plain polish, so I tried jazzing it up a shade (not necessary). I used the first franken I ever made and scotch tape along with a few dots. My pics aren't as awesome as ABOP's  holo mani (not even close lol) but here is my first wearing of a holo polish...

This is 2 coats with sandwiching the topcoat...I read about the topcoat dulling the effect AFTER I did this-darn!


Trying out the view under different lighting...
Complete with franken-dots, lol. I wonder if my nails had that length and beautiful downwards curve-the holo effect would be more pronounced? I have always hated the shape of my nails-lengthwise. They tend to angle straight out or UP...grrrrr. Because of that, I have never been able to wear fake nails *sigh*

3 comments:

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Hee hee, I have a hard time single color manis alone too - those usually happen only when I'm super busy.
I love what you did with the line and dots - at least you can draw straight lines - unlike me!

Gottwinkies said...

I can't draw a straight line to save my life lol...that was all scotch tape!!
And thank-you!

JQ said...

great design/combo! That Milani 3-D looks fab!