Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Messy But Fabulous!

Holy Cow...this mani turned out awesome...except that my clean-up sucked....One hand looks like I was a walk-on for the Walking Dead show...the other just looks a little sloppy, lol!
I saw a lovely mani on Pinterest and wanted a similar look but with different colors. It was a pin by ColoresdeCarol, called China Glaze Polarized, here.

I started with 1 coat of  MAC Frost Asiatique, part of a holiday set I bought on eBay and never tried...Stupid me, this color rocks!

That is one coat...ONE. Kick-ass red creme. I love it and I will be wearing this again soon since Christmas is coming.

Then I gave it 2 coats of Orly Star Spangled...a gorgeous red jelly with red glitter. This was a bugger to photograph...but lovely.

The glitter in this is almost an orange-red....flashy but Ahhhh! SPAM-FEST!

 
Stamped over the top with Bundlemonster Chevron stamp. I used Sally Hansen Black Out...woops, I just noticed the tiny blob of chocolate from a chocolate cookie on my thumb below....They tempt me so when I am doing my nails!

 Holy Crap....stunned at how Fab this looks!


I did use 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of SV to super-gloss this. Notice the bloody-looking cuticles and remnants of black on my middle finger...sheesh.

OK, there is also some weirdness on my ring finger and pinkie...started stamping using one image plate...changed my mind and did a quick wipe-off, hahahaha! Yeah...finishing this mani was an exercise in weirdness...but I love it, and it balanced my cranky mood

6 comments:

Marias Nail Art said...

Hahaha - the mani is beautiful - but the reading was too funny, I'm glad your mood was balanced right back, hahahaha

Unknown said...

Does not look messy AT ALL. Your stamping is fantastic! I hope I get as good as you someday... Btw, I left you a Liebster Award if you'd like it <3

Gottwinkies said...

Sharra, you are so sweet, thank-you very much. It helps me, I think, that my nails don't have a downwards slope....thank-you you again!

Unknown said...

Oh wow that is definitely a fabulous red. Awesome mani! :-)

Gottwinkies said...

Maria, you are such a Doll! Never thought anyone would appreciate my crazy ramblings, lol. Thank-you!

Gottwinkies said...

Thank-you! So glad you visited!