Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, January 2, 2012

Delicate Diagonal Stamping

I picked up some clearance polishes at CVS Pharmacy over the last week and tried out one of these today. The polish I used was Sally Hansen's Gray on Gray. Pretty awesome color, in my book...Looks like a blued-out gray creme in the bottle, but looks and is more gray than in these pictures. As always...my camera picks up the blue more, so things are always a bit more blue than in real life.

Here is one coat of GOG (lol!), with no topcoat...

Now picture this a bit more gray.... Pretty darn good coverage in 1 careful coat, but I went for two coats, and a topcoat before I stamped.


I am already in love with this polish/color. The brush is flat and rounded at the tip. It was different at first, but I think I kind of like the brush. This was one of the Sally Hansen "complete manicure" polishes, and I had not tried these yet.
I used a slice of clear tape to mark off my nails diagonally and just stamped half of my nail with a Bundlemonster "full nail" pattern using NYC white creme.

Ignore the fuzzy lint on the tips, please! I had lotion on and wanted to swipe it off my nails and the lint free wipes left lint, hahaha! This is with one coat of quick-dry top coat over the stamping.

I really like the clean simplicity of this mani. Yes, I had to restrain myself from adding more! Every time I looked in my polishes and then looked at my nails, I thought nothing could do it justice, so I left it like this :0)



3 comments:

JQ said...

That's a lovely colour! And I never thought to stamp diagonally at my cuticle rather than the tip! Think I might have to give it a whirl!

Gottwinkies said...

Thank-you dear lady!

Gottwinkies said...

I have to say, the color just makes me want to *sigh*, Thank-you dear!