Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just a few not-so-fabulous manis

Hey there...I have made several frankens lately, with some glitter I bought online. Unfortunately, I think the glitter was not solvent-resistant, so they turned into goo. I realized this after I put the frankens on over base colors...
3 coats of pretty polish + 1 coat of crappy, melty goo = ruined mani!

Consequently, my nails have been a mess...here are the second-chance manis...I think I have learned my lesson!


This was 3 coats of a franken inspired by Nerd Lacquer's polishes....This one turned out very nice, but a little plain-the glitter didn't show through the color very nicely...


Please forgive the oiled up cuticles...


Two coats of Orly Bailamos...Very lovely but not as flashy as it looked in the bottle, so I dressed it up (below) with a good franken topcoat...
Much better!


Wet N Wild, Lavender Creme (!?) 2 coats (who the heck named this?!)

(This is what I am wearing now...after my Sinful Colors Last Chance green turned into gooey muck...there might be staining that I missed--ugh!)

2 coats of Icing Sipping On Bubbly. This was a bad move-blegh! I don't know what it is, but this mani bugs the heck out of me and it needs to come OFF!!

And a small happy dance is in order...I did find Sinful Colors Cinderella...YAY!...it is mine and it is so cool!
And finally~
For those of you that follow llarowe.com or her FaceBook site...please take care of your health? Women have very different heart attack symptoms and we should all know them and listen to our bodies. If you do nothing else, visit http://www.goredforwomen.org

3 comments:

ABOP Laquerlove said...

That first one actually looks superb! I'd love to see it in direct sunlight. I'm also loving the glitter topcoat you put over the second color.

JQ said...

Yup, I'm with ABOP. That first one is pretty, and I like having a really subtle glitter sometimes. :)

Gottwinkies said...

ABOP-Thank-you, I will try and get a picture in sunshine next time...it was smooth to apply, which was nice!
JQ-Hahaha, thanks...glad you like it :0) I do like subtle shimmer, maybe I just need more sun!