Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, August 8, 2011

Ho-Hum Starburst Mani

I went garage-sale-ing this weekend and found 2 polishes in some bins for cheap, so I bought them thinking they would be cheap for frankening or just the bottles. One was an Essie and one was a Maybelline that I decided to put on last night. Turns out, it's too pale for me, but it is still a cool color. I had no idea how old this thing was, but for the price, I was willing to try.

I put 2 coats of Maybelline Mo' Money Mauve and it was supposed to be a speed dry, but it was NOT. Then I decided it was too pale and something had to be done. So I did a scotch tape star burst with OPI Mother Road Rose-a truly awesome color in my stash. Here ya go....





These colors look amazing together, I thought. You might be able to see some of the colors that made me like the Maybelline polish...alas...just too darn pale for my taste! And the formula-could be it's age-is terrible. I added some polish thinner, but it still took forever to dry. I thought I would wake up to pillow-case nails, lol! (anyone else here missing the "mauve" in the color?!)

4 comments:

Paulina said...

wow! i will have to try it :)

Gottwinkies said...

You like the starburst? I like doing those, but I wasn't so fond of my colors! Thanks Paulina,very much!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I love the name of Mo' Money Mauve, lol! Nice way to wear them both at the same time.

Gottwinkies said...

Yeah, I thought the name was fun, too...thanks!