Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Revived Dollar store find

I went trolling at our local Dollar Tree and found some really cool polishes. Some were for a swap, but one was almost like a bottle of dried-out glue!

LA Colors Tropical Storm (I think, I had a lot of wrappers, lol)...a silvery metallic polish, but apparently the lid had cracked at some point and let air into the polish bottle. I cleaned the broken plastic bits up, added A LOT of Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Thinner and let it sit for about 4 days...I was not hopeful.
When I went back it did look to be loosening up, so I stirred it with a bamboo skewer (LOL) and added metal balls/BBs and more polish thinner. 2 days later and the pictures are what my stubborn-ness gets me...  *happy dance*



2 coats of LAC Tropical Storm, and 1 coat of a franken I tossed together from Pure Ice Strapless, black glitter and clear top coat. Just a little bit of flash when only a little bit is needed!

I wasn't worried about a lost dollar-store polish-but it looked so pretty, I had to try and save it :0) Have any of you tried this? I am a sucker for metallic polishes....totally bonkers-they make me drool, hehehe...

Have a good weekend, stay warm and dry or at least don't get arrested, lol!

2 comments:

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Great save! I love, love, love it with the glitter over it!

Gottwinkies said...

Thank-you dear!! I loved how it turned out, right amount of flash and everything! I was so happy I didn't have to toss it!